When you try to play a video in your instance, it doesn't start playing or there is no way to get the video to play. For example, when you navigate to a video and try to play it, a black screen similar to this example appears:
If this issue is affecting a single user, please ask the user affected to clear their browser cache, and please ask them to try using a different browser to see if the video plays there.
If this doesn't resolve the issue, or if there are multiple users affected by this issue, then try from a different computer or a different network using the same account as it could be a network firewall or an antivirus that is blocking it.
If the issue persists then please raise a support ticket with the following information:
- If this issue is occurring for multiple videos or a particular video.
- Please ask one of the users affected to capture a HAR file while recreating the issue, then please attach it to the support ticket.
Process for Support Agents For Hyland (Twistage) Video Provider
- Analyze the browser console log. See the GitHub article: Checking the browser console for errors for step-by-step instructions.
- If you detect an issue with
video-svc2.jivesoftware.com, this is either an issue with the CNAMEs (Canonical Name Record) for those URLs or with Twistage.
- Capture the HAR file for investigation.
- Contact Hyland using the process in New Support Procedure for Hyland (previously known as Twistage).
You can additionally Frequently Asked Questions on Twistage Video Library for more information.