The Jive Cloud Analytics service and related Data Export Service (DES) API are subject to our standard retention policy for data.
This article defines the specifics of this policy, which takes effect as of June 1, 2020.
Earlier in 2020, the Cloud Analytics service within Jive was enhanced with a number of additional reporting capabilities. At the same time, we rationalized our policy regarding the storage of legacy data to help reduce data overload and improve overall reporting performance.
Beginning June 1, 2020, the standard retention policy for data in the Jive Cloud Analytics service will include the current and previous 2 calendar years only. Data older than January 1, 2018, will no longer be available in the following reports* or via the Data Export Service (DES) API's.
- Views of Answered Questions
- Correct and Helpful Events
- Community Health
- Top Successful Search Queries
* Impact metrics will not be affected by this policy update.
1. Which customers are affected by this policy update?
This change is relevant for all Jive Cloud and Jive Hosted customers.
2. I’d like to export my historical analytics data from prior to the previous 2 calendar years - what is the process?
If you would like access to your historical analytics data at any time, please submit a case in the Jive support portal requesting access to this information. Please provide the following details when submitting this request:
- Your name
- Jive instance URL
- Name and email of the individual who should receive access to the analytics data export
After submitting your request, our support team will provide you with a secure SFTP access to download your analytics data. Once you have successfully downloaded the JSON file, please let us know by updating the support case. We will then remove that file from the SFTP.
3. What if I do not request my historical analytics data by June 1?
That is not a problem at all. We will be archiving all analytics data and if you request it after June 1st, the same process as outlined above will apply.
4. Is there a cost for retrieving this data?
There is no additional cost for historical data retrieval requests.
5. Does this mean that any content that was created in our Jive community prior to January 1, 2018 will no longer be available?
You will still have access to all the content created within your community since you first became a Jive customer. This policy only impacts the data available to Cloud Analytics or the Data Export Service (DES) API's.