In Jive Hosted/On-Premises instances, when creating a news stream rule for specific users, you can select a user group in the "Audience" field. If a group is federated using SSO and has a large number of members, it is possible that this group does not show in the Audience field's autocomplete search. This has been observed with federated groups that have more than 10,000 users.
- The groups in question are federated using SSO
This is a known issue that was fixed in Jive Hosted/On-Premises 9.7.0. It happens when a large number of users are authenticating using SSO, and the search index is getting built in parallel.
There is a Jira ticket for this issue. The issue could not be reproduced in 9.7.0.
- Turn off group mapping in SSO
- Go to Jive's Admin Console > People > Settings > Single Sign-On > SAML > Advanced
- Uncheck the "Group Mapping Enabled" checkbox
- Save All SAML Settings
- Run a content search index rebuild.
- Re-enable group mapping in SSO
- Check the "Group Mapping Enabled" checkbox, that we unchecked above.
- Save all SAML settings.
If the above steps resolve the issue for you, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to Jive 9.7.0 or later.
All user groups should appear in the search field for "Audience" when creating a News Stream.