You would like to know Jive's compatibility with the HTTP/2 protocol. HTTP/2 protocol's focus is on performance; specifically, end-user perceived latency, network and server resource usage. One major goal is to allow the use of a single connection from browsers to a website.
Jive doesn't support HTTP/2 on Cloud, Hosted, or On-premise instances. All Jive webservers currently run on HTTP/1.1 protocol.
Special note on Jive Cloud
- On Jive cloud, customizations are mostly limited to UI/Theme changes.
- Updating the protocol from http/1.1 to http/2 requires adding a module via changes in the Apache HTTPD configuration files on individual Jive web nodes.
- Currently, such infrastructure level changes are unsupported for individual Jive Cloud instances.
- This is due to the fact that universal versioning is tightly maintained using our existing Jive Cloud release processes (based on CI/CD).
Instructions for Support Agents
- If this change is needed for Jive Cloud, you will need to file it as an enhancement request for our Product team. Also, HTTP/2 will need extensive QA testing before it can be enabled for Jive Cloud.
- For Jive HOP, please see JVSG-482 for a similar request.
Please sign in to leave a comment.