Even after installing Jive for Office, a user is not able to publish their changes to the Microsoft Office files such as Excel or Word files as they don't see the Jive tab available in the Office application.
This occurs due to issues when Microsoft Office disables Jive for Office add-in from loading automatically. You can override this behavior and fix the issue by following the steps below:
- Download Jive for Office on the affected's user's computer. Now you will need administrative access to the affected computer to install the program.
- When installing the program, you should see a Repair option in most cases based on how the previous installation was performed. Please proceed with the Repair option if available, else you can simply install the program as usual.
- Open the affected Microsoft Office Application such as Excel.
- If the Jive tab is still missing, do the following:
- Click on the File ribbon in the top left corner and go to Options.
- Select Add-Ins and find Jive for Office add-in (it should be in the inactive or disabled state).
- Click on the dropdown list next to the Manage, select COM Add-in, and click on Go.
- Select the checkbox for Jive for Office and click on OK.
If you need help with instructions for configuring Jive for Office, please refer to Installing and Configuring Jive for Outlook For End Users.
The Jive tab should now be available and the user should be able to publish their changes to the Jive Community.