Users are complaining about receiving too many or unwanted/unsolicited email/inbox notifications
- These emails may be related to individual blog posts or to various social groups or news streams
- You want to know how to reduce the number of emails going to users. You would like to find a solution because you are concerned that users consider this spam.
This may happen when users are following a blog, a Space/Group, or a news stream that has a lot of activity. There are a few ways to control the number of notifications:
- You can globally disable digest emails
- You can change email notification preferences for individual users
- You can globally disable email notifications
- You can check if emails are duplicates and address duplicates
- There is a workaround that you can try if users are receiving email notifications for content that they are not subscribed to.
- If this behavior has started recently, it may be fixed by rebuilding the caches and news streams.
<supportagent> See the Troubleshooting Article for Unwanted Email Notifications </supportagent>