You want to know which database tables in Jive are related to emails.
- You may want to know this to investigate why the email logs are showing a large number of emails in queue.
This article applies to On-Premise implementations of Jive.
Emails sent to end users are not stored in the application database.
- Details about the emails such as the message body, sender, and timestamp are stored in the email logs (sbs-email.log). They are also stored in the Records retention tables if your instance uses the plugin.
- You may need to search the logs (sbs-email.log) to get more details of specific email errors as well as the related email content
- If you have already turned on email debugging in the admin console (Admin Console>System>Settings>Email Server>Mail debugging), you may also get some information in the application (SBS logs). That said, it is not recommended to keep email debugging turned on perpetually because of the additional logging overhead on your application server.
- All jive emails are sent through the SMTP server as they are created, however, if these SMTP settings are incorrect/invalid Jive will wait to send those emails until the SMTP connections are valid. Setting a valid SMTP server will usually clear the SMTP Queue.
IMPORTANT: The email queue in Jive is not persistent. (not stored) so, restarting the webapp(s) will clear the email queue.