When you receive a notification about a blog or any content from Jive through email, the formatting gets distorted.
- Images also do not show up when end-users view them in their email. However, when you right-click and open the image URL in a browser window, the image opens.
You want to know if we have any guidelines for formatting Jive content so that it shows nicely in emails.
This is expected functionality.
- Images originating within your Jive instance are not shown in email notifications for security reasons. Only authenticated users are able to access them, which is why they are visible in the browser.
- We do not have any fixed guidelines for formatting content so that email notifications come out better. To improve the formatting in email, below are some options:
- Try viewing the email in a different email client (such as the web version of Outlook).
- Use the Jive for Outlook Plugin
- Minimize the use of complex tables especially if the content is viewed largely on mobile devices where end-users may have to do a lot of horizontal scrolling.
- Modify the email templates outbound emails from Admin Console by going to System > Settings > Message Templates.
- If you need a custom format, you may consider a Professional Service engagement by getting in touch with your account manager.
<supportagent> See the Handling Sales-Related Requests article for instructions on how to find out who the client’s account manager is. </supportagent>